Our newest member of the Church!

Noemi Castro was baptized on Saturday August 4th! She's 20 years old and has strong and simple testimony. I'm humbly thankful that I was able to help Noemi learn of this gospel and God's plan for her. She is so busy with her schooling here but would meet with us twice a week. Even when her family didn't really support her she still came to church. I can't explain the spirit that was there at her baptism but it was strong and assuring. This is Gods baptism, Gods work. I'm just a tool to help the work move a long. In Noemis testimony she simply stated that if Joseph Smith was a Prophet then this Church is true, as well as the Book of Mormon. Those words never sounded more clear than when she said it in Cebuano. My heart was full...   and my tummy was empty because me and Sister Orines were fasting. Joke ra!! 


     Life as a missionary in the Philippines. By Sister Young :)

    Being a missionary is so great. We are go go go and meet so many people! Durian is scary looking, smells bad and tastes the same as it smells. So that was a fun experiance! (its the big grey spiky thing!)  Rambuton is those little rainbow colored, spiky balls! And that is sooo good!  Papaya here so amazing!! Props of my area, if you need to go pee, you can go the old camping way. :) There are a lot of dense bushes and tree and the houses are far apart in some areas so it's great lol!! People here call a suit jacket an "Americana" because American men wear them haha that was new. Our neighbors or the people down the street (not really sure who it is) is so kind to play music for us. It differs form time to time. Sometimes is Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Titanic. My zone is so fun and a lot of them found out that I love peanut butter so now I have all the hookups of where to get the best homemade peanut butter! hehe. Man I crack myself up writing these emails but it's all true!


   Remember to be simple my friends and family. Set your priorities straight, be kind to yourself, and serve others. We really don't have time to waste here ya know! So get enough sleep and drink water.
Love, Sister Young








Comments