2nd area.......... BANTAYAN ISLAND!

Wednesday, I traveled for Bohol to Cebu by boat for 2 hours with some other Elders that were transfering as well. Then I got on a big bus and traveled to Bogo (the top of the mission) for 4 hours, by myself! So that was weird not having a companion! I made it there just fine! It was a fun road trip through Cebu! Man it's beautiful! I got off the bus with my luggage in front of the Church there and met my new companion Sister Honrado! She's 23, from Manila, and is so sweet! We then got on another boat for an hour and a half to Bantayan Island!!! White sand beaches, kind and happy people. It's amazing here!!!! There are 3 missionary companionship here on the Island, me and Sister Honrado are the only Sisters! 

    The first missionaries arrived here on June 10th 2017! And officially became a Branch on September 17th 2017. The first baptism here, in the ocean, was on September 30th 2017! It started as a "Group" and they held sacrament meeting in the Elder missionaries apartment. Once they out grew that they held it in a big room above a restaurant. And now, the church is renting a big house here and that is our church! The church grew so fast here with in just a couple months! There were families praying and hopping that the church would come to Bantayan, and it did!!! I read the history of the church here when I first arrived and just cried! I feel so honored to serve here!!! I truly feel my Heavenly Fathers love and true and am so excited to help the church grow here on Bantayan Island.

     Oh!! One more thing about Bantayan.. they speak Bantayanon. Just like the entire Phillipines, there are tons of dialects. It's okay though! It's mostly the same as Cebuano, just has a lot of different words. For example: (from English to Cebuano to Bantayanon). Morning - Buntag - Aga. Sleep - tulog- tyug. House- balay- biay. Yesterday- gahapon- kakyop. The list goes on! :) oh boy. 


Life in the Phillipines as a missionary! -By Sister Young! 

     The Karaoke here is louder than ever. Just in our apartment it's soooo loud!!! It's safe to say it's part of the culture. Everyone is so happy here!! I love it!!! I rained very hard the other night and I forgot my umbrella! We were completely drenched! We walked in mud and rain up to mid-calf, in the dark, and laughed the whole way home! 

 That's all for now! Amping mo!!!!




Love, Sister Young!

Forgot to say that I "Graduated" from my 12 weeks of training!!! (picture one)
2. Bye Tagbilaran Zone!
3. Last Dinner with the Romaro family Tuesday night! love them!
4. Picture from the bus to Bogo!
5. Mud!!!
6. Farm land too!!
7. Sister Honrado!
8. out church!










Comments