I'm in Bohol!!!

Tagbilaran, Bohol to be exact! (look it up!)
  Wednesday June 27th: I woke up at 2:15 A.M!!! To go to the airport along with 8 others going to Cebu East and the flight departed about 7:30.The flight was about and hour and a half. We drove to the mission home which is new, beautiful and right by the ocean. We had lunch there and met our new companions and found out were our first areas would be! My trainer is Sister Orines and she is the best. I love her! She's been helping me with the language and learning everything about missionary life in the Philippines. She is such a good missionary and I'm so happy to work with her. Anyways, like I said, I'm in Tagbilaran which is a city in Bohol with is an island! So then we took a big boat to Bohol and I unpacked in our humble home.:)
  Thursday and Friday was hard, and busy. We met with a lot of people and I'm able to understand a lot of Cebuano but not speak it as well. So I bore my testimony and prayed in the lessons. I felt stressed and overwhelmed by all the new things I needed to learn all at once and adjust to a whole new way of living. Along with trying to understand the language. I found peace though a lot of prayer and Ether 12:27. I realized that if stress was one of my weaknesses, then I wanted to make it one of my strengths. Though my evergrowing faith and dedication to this mission, It can happen and will happen. I share this with you all as a testiment that you can find answers though the Book of Mormon. So read it.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: So amazing! We teach a lot of people everyday and it's really helping me understand more of the language and how to teach. We are busy all day long and so tired by the end of the day. I love it. I love this work.

Life in the Philippines as a missionary! -By Sister Young.
   I sweat all the time, literally all day long, that's just the way it is. I shower with a bucket and a big scoop thing. Our toilet doesn't flush so you must use the big scoop thing to dump water in the toilet so it can all go down. No toilet paper. :) Some people live in shacks, or small cement houses. Chickens, cats, and dogs are everywhere. I had spam for the first time the other day, It's not bad. People and kids stare at me eveywhere we go because I'm white ahahah!- we can use that to our advantage to talk to more people! Most everyone will let us in there house and listen because they are just kind! It's absolutely beautiful here. We travel by tricycles mostly! Oh yes they have McDonalds and they serve rice, just like everywhere else. The kids are so cute!  Whenever I introduce my self as "Sister Young" everyone says "Ohh Sister Young! You're so young!!".

Thats all for now! Amping!

Love Sister Young






Comments